Leading Spas of Canada
Standards & Practices
In 1998, the Spa Industry Association of Canada established Standards & Practices and with continuous reviews and updates over the years, ensures that all members of the Association provide the highest level of professional services and products to the general public.
With the increasing popularity of medical esthetics, additional guidelines have been developed to provide Medical Esthetics Standards & Practices. By signing the Verification Statement, all Association members agree to adhere to these Standards & Practices, and to the Association's Code of Ethics. As a Leading Spas of Canada member, you may be subject to a random inspection to ensure that the professional levels of performance required by the Association are being maintained.
Furthermore, members pledge that their operating procedures and practices comply with all applicable local, provincial and federal regulations, including those for persons with disabilities, and that all co- workers meet all local, provincial and federal regulations with regards to licensing.
As Canada's only national spa industry organization, Spa Industry Association of Canada continues to advocate for government to adopt these Standards and Practices.
Code of Ethics
- Each member will be guided by truth, fairness, and integrity.
- Each member agrees to support the ongoing improvement of quality and professional spa services offered to the public.
- Each member agrees to act in a professional and responsible manner towards clients.
- Each member agrees to support and positively promote the actions and establishments of each active member in good standing in an unbiased and non-judgmental manner.
- Each member agrees to express their opinions, in any form of media, honestly and accurately without making any unfounded scientific allegations relating to therapeutic results that may be false or misleading.
- Each member agrees to stay within their own area of competence and scope of professional practice. As a customer service function and where appropriate, a member may suggest to their clients that they might seek professional assistance elsewhere relating to any condition that is beyond the scope of the professional practice of the member.
- Each member agrees to inform their clients of all payment policies, costs, and/or fee schedules prior to billing for any services rendered or products supplied.
- Each member pledges loyalty to the association and agrees to pursue and support its objectives.